Hola! My name is Andrea Montealegre and I am a Nicaraguan UX/UI Designer working for Capital One in DC.

My culture is directly correlated to hospitality, which is what lead me to user experience design. I want to focus on helping other people have better experiences but I also want to learn how to do this from beyond the screen. This desire has lead me towards experiential design, a discipline I hope to research and perfect as my next focused learning experience. Besides UX/UI and experiential design, I am curious about illustration, motion graphics, and creative coding. I keep myself inspired by learning new disciplines and technologies hoping they will serve me on my mission towards designing a better future.

Things I am nuts about include mi familia, Daft Punk, hats, and the beach. Want to find me? I am either working in my room with all my plant friends, watching a Wes Anderson movie, trying to convince talented coworkers to collaborate with me, brainstorming with a peer over lemonade, or dancing salsa on a not so cold weekend in DC.

If you are interested in chatting about future opportunities or are looking for a freelance designer, hit me up! I have a lot of experience with presentation design, logo design, website design, and more. 

am2901@rit.edu